12.02.2009

a simple gift

This past weekend, my little neice celebrate her first birthday. Josh and I struggled to know what to get her. We wanted it to be something meaningful, but something she would use. We decided to buy her the Caldecott and Newbery award winning books for the year she was born, and commit to buying them for her for every birthday after. The idea is that as she grows older she will have a collection of childrens books that celebrate both literature and art, a personal library of books.

I have been so thankful throughout of my life that I was taught to love and respect books and know their value on many levels. They can teach, comfort,entertain and encourage you to dream...and that is a true gift.


{happy birthday little miss}


{the house in the night, first caldecott award winner since 2008}


{the graveyard book, first newbery award winner since 2008}

No comments: