10.19.2009

run, run, as fast as you can...

...and you'd probably catch me. My life would be short if I were a gingerbread man.

I didn't intend to start running, it just sort of happened. I am by no means a fast or natural runner. Each run challenges me physically and mentally, it is not easy. I have been running regularly for about 3 months, and although my progress has been slow, I have learned to enjoy it and to celebrate my small accomplishments and improved health.

In 3 weeks I will run my first 5K, I am excited and nervous all at the same time. I never thought I would voluntarily run anywhere except away from a fire or to a major sale...I find so much joy in life's little suprises.


{gingy}

2 comments:

Sophie said...

Way to go! Good luck on your 5K! You'll do great!

Alison Rock said...

Judy and I did our first 5k in May. It wasn't that bad! You'll kill it. Since then I have contracted mono and consequently quit running. Last week I attempted to run 1/2 mile. I had to walk part of the way. That's embarrassing to admit! Maybe I should be training to run the 5k also. When and where? :)