4.16.2009

ghostly accomodation

I am out of town on business tonight. Last night I made a reservation at a historical bed and breakfast that looked cute online. Tonight when I checked in I was suprised to see that it is even better in person. It is lovely, except....that I am pretty sure I am the only one staying here tonight, and the reading material in the parlor are books about ghosts and disturbing spirits from beyond. Is it just me, or does that seem like a poor choice of reading material? My feeling of serenity has been replaced with some anxiety. If you don't hear from me after tonight...

3 comments:

Shan @ Design Gal said...

what city are you in? i'm sure you're much more mature than i am, but i would be freaked out!

maybe see if there's a barnes and noble down the street and buy a fun, non-ghostly book! :)

Bobby Leigh said...

If you encounter a ghost, just be friendly or ask it to leave. Perhaps it's a helpful ghost that will draw you a bath at the end of the day?

tina said...

I had the same experience in Kenebunkport, ME at a beautiful B&B that I couldn't even enjoy after reading the guest journal in our room! I slept with one eye open because I am childish. At least my husband enjoyed it. I couldn't wait to leave.