5.05.2008

welcome to the united states of america



Today, I received my welcome notice to the United State of America. I'm officially official.

I am pretty sure that I get to drop my "alien" title now, and replace it with "immigrant". It's funny how these words take on a whole new meaning when you are refered to as one of them.

I was also notified that I will need to start paying income tax, does this mean the IRS owes me 7 years of taxes back? It was worth a try.

This has been a long road for me, a lot of money and 5 years of my life.

I love Canada, my home country and part of me in every way. I also love this country which has blessed me with many great things. I wish everyone was so lucky, to be a child of these two great nations.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Big deal.. glad to hear it finally came through and you weren't lost among the paperwork :) Congrats!

Tara

MMW said...

Congrats!

Yeah - there's nothing like having to apply for "Advance Parole" to leave the country whilst waiting for one's immigrant status to come through. Any plans to naturalize? That's another trip-and-a-half.

Jill said...

i am singing a little neil diamond and doing a little dance for you, congratulations bree!

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

Hey! Congrats. That's exciting news.

Emmy said...

That's great, what a long and time consuming thing to go through. Congratulations!

Vailmama said...

Congrats! and a big official WELCOME!

KJ said...

welcome...so exciting

Sophie said...

That's great Bree. We are glad to have you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Bree ... the USA is a lucky country to have your talent and share your kind heart. You worked hard for this day!

Carol

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I know it takes a lot of work to get to this day.

heather said...

welcome to america darling. congrats to you!

Bobby Leigh said...

Congratulations and welcome!

Don't worry no matter what your status, you'll always be my alien immigrant! :)