2.25.2008

just say UNKL!


{a few of my vinyl goodies}


So Bree has been after me to post for some time... and I have finally given in.

I've become a bit of a sucker for collecting vinyl toys over the last few years, a strange endeavor to say the least. It all started with OX the vinyl uglydoll (much cooler than the plush version) and soon grew to include a hefty chunk of things from of Portland's UNKL.

Maybe it's the juxtaposition of apocolyptic garb and soft vinyl shapes that draws me to them. Maybe it's that they're both weird and cute at the same time, or maybe it's just that I'm a big kid trapped in a thirty-something year old body... The fine folks in Oregon have plenty of other cool stuff if playing with dolls isn't your thing.

4 comments:

Sophie said...

Pretty cool collection! Now, do you ever play with them? When Bree says, "I'll be ready to go in five minutes.." do you think "hmmmm, five minutes?" Here comes Ox to save the day! Hee, hee, hee... It was good to see you post bro.

Anonymous said...

Hey there Bree. Tara said that I should come check out your blog. It's pretty interesting keep up the good work (:

Tizzalicious said...

Cuuuuuuuuuute!

Unknown said...

Glad you like them... so Tizzalicious how is life in Utrecht? My father was born in the Hague and Bree and I have the Netherlands on our must-visit list